THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites:
- Personal information, which is any information that exclusively identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, credit card information amongst others) and
- Non-personal information, which is information that does not exclusively identify you but is related to you nonetheless such as, information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, 5-digit zip code) and use of the Sites.
INFORMATION DIRECTLY PROVIDED BY YOU
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
- Register for an account on the Sites.
- Sign up to receive email newsletters from us.
- Make a purchase on the Sites.
- Participate in surveys or special promotions.
- Participate on social media accounts involving our authors, books or brands.
- Participate in communities or forums on the Sites.
- Submit user-generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it.
- Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Sites (e.g., request for customer service, submit a job application).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we learn about you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience with Bookshop of India. We may use your personal and non-personal information in the following ways:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- Post your user-generated content to our Sites as you request.
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Sites.
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies.
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or another medium.
- Personalize content and experiences on our Sites and within emails sent to you, including providing you recommendations based on your preferences.
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites and recipients of our emails, including browsing and purchasing patterns.
You have a right to unsubscribe to any of our services by writing an email to [email protected]
at any point of time.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BOI takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, BOI cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our Sites at your own risk.
There may be instances when you receive a seemingly legitimate looking e-mail asking you?re your personal information from you such as your site login password and id or your credit card details. BOI will never ask for such information from you via e-mail.
Such activities are usually carried on by unauthorized individuals and are illegal in nature. They are called phishing or identity theft. In case of any suspicion of such activity or on receiving such an e-mail you are certain was not sent by us or any of the sites affiliated to us, we advise you to not respond to such mail and to take whatever action you see fit.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Disputes may be referred to Arbitration at the choice of BOI only, which shall then be governed as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
NOTICE TO NON-INDIA USERS
How to Contact Us
Address: Bookshop of India,
C/o Webnet International,
T-73, 3rd floor, Vardhman Central Mall,
Nehru Vihar, New Delhi 110 054
Phone No.: +91-9266663909